Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fish Crow


Picture from http://www.dpughphoto.com/images/fish%20crow%20ocracoke%2050906.JPG

I would guess you have seen a crow before. This particular kind of crow might live around where you live for all I know. However, it doesn’t live here, so I’ll write about it. This particular kind of crow only lives on the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico coast in the United States. As this crow is related to the American Crow, the kind of crow that seems familiar, it has a similar diet, changed only by the fact that, because it lives primarily in areas with edible marine life, it tends to eat the marine life mentioned in the comment. This is the reason it has the name “Fish Crow,” if it wasn’t obvious already. When you see this bird, it will look very much like an American Crow, however, the way to set them apart is their call. I am sure that you have all heard the American Crow in your lifetime, if you live in the United States or the southern part of Canada, that is. Well, the Fish crow has a different call, more nasal. Some people have told me it sounds like it is sick. If you want to find this call, go here. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Fish_Crow/id

I wish I could say more about this bird, but I can’t, so I have to leave this at this point for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment